Sunday, up in river in clear water over shy fish the Banjo Minnow did well. the 1/0 White Marabou Banger worked well on Small Mouth Bass in a shallow weedy Back water. The White foam Diver worked well there last year. Friday I will give the Flash Divers and other colors of the flies in the photo a shot. I should also try some bead head Swimming Hex and similar natural fur Sculpins.
Resupplying popper inventory with work horse 3/0 Marabou Bangers in White and Chartreuse. Heads for 1/0 Divers and 5/0 Musky Hollow tie versions The Purple heads are for either Purple or Black versions. I'm adding a 2/0 Marabou Banger with a wider, shorter 5/8 inch cylinder head, same Diameter as the 3/0 Marabou Banger. Now the 2/0 pops better and last Friday it worked very well on Largemouth in a southern Saginaw Bay Tributary. Last Sunday the small 1/2 inch diameter heads on short 1/0 hooks worked very well for Small Mouth in a shallow weedy backwater.
Plans for new Clousers ties and a Hexy Crawdad for Smallmouth and Great Lakes Carp.
- Hook: #4 or #2 Down Eye or 60 Degree Jig Hook
- Body Thread: 210 D UV Shell Pink
- Head Thread: 140 D Fire Orange
- Eyes: Black Dumbbell, Lead, Brass, or light Bead Chain to match depth
- Tail: 2 to 6 Brown Silicon Rubber strands
- Gills: Dun Grey Saddle Hackle Fluff. Part back with tail, rest pulled over body
- Body: Spiky Tan Dubbing or Estaz
- Body Legs: Brown Silicone Rubber Legs
- Wing: Natural Brown Bucktail